Friday, March 4, 2022

Never Quit

As long as we never quit, we cannot fail.
Together we supported and encouraged each other 
through everything life threw our way.
Every uncertainty, 
every change, 
every difficulty, 
every loss.

Together we made our way through.

We celebrated so many amazing days,

living a shared life full of experiences

so rich, 

so beautiful.

Then our end came.

Sudden.

Abrupt.

In spite of it all we clung to each other, 

we clung to hope, racing time. 

Together.


Until you were torn away.


Gone.


And I was set adrift.

Now I cling to memories and our legacy.

I still cling to hope. 

Hope that I find my way through a life that was

meant to be spent with you.

Because you never quit, you never failed. 

I cannot fail.

And because of you, I too will never quit.


- Katherine Marie Peloza Baeth (March 2022)


With special thanks to Abraham Lincoln for saying “You cannot fail unless you quit.” These words have meant a great deal to me over the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment