 |
| Welcome to The K! |
 |
| Ned Yost addresses the crowd |
What does it mean to be Royal?
The past few weeks Kansas City showed the entire world exactly what it means to be Royal. While I was sad at the outcome of game seven last night, at the same time I was SO proud of the Royals, their fans, and this city. What an outstanding time to be a Kansas Citian!! The city has achieved world class status in so many areas since we moved here back in 2005. We've seen the building of another Kauffman and enjoyed the huge improvements Michael Stern has made with the symphony (they were better than rock stars at game six!), cheered on Sporting KC's MLS championship win and their players in two World Cups, seen the rebirth of the downtown with the Sprint Center and Power & Light District, and now the Royals have brought the excitement and thrill of baseball back to this fair city. And they did it with heart, determination, and class!
 |
| MOOSE!!!! |
When so many communities are brought together only when tragedy strikes, it has been awesome to see the whole metro rally around something so positive. East and West Coasts take note - you can no longer turn your noses up at the heartland of this nation. We have heart and we have class. It has never been better to be Royal!
 |
| Ready to celebrate the season |
I was SO prepared to head downtown (alone, if necessary) to a victory parade on Friday morning, but it was not meant to be. Instead Nick and I joined thousands of fans at "The K" this morning for the 2014 season celebration love fest. It was excellent, and I'm so glad we were able to go. It was fun to hear from some of my favorite plays and I was really touched that so many did come. It could not have been easy for them. Billy Butler got a bit flustered and the crowd showered him in love, Jeremy Guthrie proved to be very well spoken, and Nori Aoki stole the show with his surprise speech, "You the best! Thank you so much!"
 |
| Some of our "boys in blue" |
 |
| Ned Yost |
|
 |
| Lorenzo Cain and Salvador Perez |
|
 |
| Nori Aoki |
|
 |
| Yordano Ventura busts a move! |
|
Baseball is back in KC and it's back in a very big way. I've been both a White Sox and a Mariner fan for a long time, and this 2014 team has made me officially add Royals to my list. I guess I'm destined to be an American League girl forever now... just hope these teams don't ever end up in a post season battle against each other.
 |
| Certainly a season worth celebrating! |
 |
| 2014 ALCS Champions! |
 |
| Only 158 days until opening day at The K! |
That was good! Great to see the AL Champ flag! Some day for my M's! Glad you are a baseball fan! It is my favorite sport!
ReplyDeleteThe seed was planted in the Kingdome, moved to old Comiskey and even a trip to Wrigley. Back to Safeco and now the K. Good for you and glad you are an American League girl!
ReplyDeleteYou forgot to mention a few trips to Riverfront, GAP, Candlestick, Oakland, Dodger Stadium and I believe Katie and Nick went to the new ballpark in St. Louis. I think we did good! I am torn between AL and NL! Currently more AL than NL.
ReplyDelete