Sunday, October 19, 2014

I've got the fever!


Special thanks to the awesome KC Royals staffer for taking this picture for us.
The paint for so fresh we could still smell it!

It's October! Time for the annual "fall classic" and this year it's coming to MY TOWN! I am so excited for the Kansas City Royals appearance in the World Series this week, that I just had to get down to "the K" today to soak up some of the atmosphere, snap some pictures, and see what treasures were to be had in the team store. I have not been this excited about a sporting event on US soil since doing the "Super Bowl Shuffle" with the Chicago Bears back in 1985 (must have been something about that year). FYI - I begged my parents to buy this on VHS... I believe my parents still have our original copy.



#11 Jeremy Guthrie, #14 Omar Infante, #56 Greg Holland, #35 Eric Hosmer, #13 Salvador Perez




Nick was kind enough to humor me and we headed out to the ballpark this afternoon. I had SO much fun walking around the stadium. Lots of people coming and going, getting ready for the big opening day: watched guys in the upper deck hang the red/white/blue bunting, saw stacks and stacks of beer and water, watched the World Series logo stencil get positioned on the grass, and the team store had so much merchandise there were racks of it outside the store in the stadium concourse with more coming in by the hour! And the store was packed with people!



We brought home a classy KC World Series pint glass, a classic KC blue ball cap with the World Series insignia on the side, and I'll be keeping score in my official World Series program book this week. GO ROYALS!!! Take the crown!!!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy every pitch! Wish we could be in town for the 1st two games. May the brats be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great fun! It is very exciting to have your team in! And yes, we do still have the VHS Super Bowl Shuffle!

    Does sound like you and your brother are on opposite sides though! :)

    Hoping for a great series! I LOVE baseball!

    ReplyDelete