![]() |
| Tahoma National Cemetery, Kent, Washington |
John…. Johnny…
Johnny P… Peloza…
Dad… Daddy-O…
Gramps…
Let’s be honest for a minute…
NO ONE, liked this guy…
if you were a fan of my dad, you absolutely LOVED him.
I grew up having one of the coolest dads around, he just knew how to engage with people.
All people.
Young, old,
black, white,
Catholic, Protestant,
Yankee fans, Mariner fans,
even Packer fans…
well, maybe not Packer fans.
Dad perfected the goofy “dad joke” genre before it was ever a thing, taking it to a level unmatched by anyone I know with jokes delivered in on the spot, improvised song and in zany accents.
Did you know he went to college with David Letterman? Dad’s professors thought he was a brilliant broadcaster, and he was. If not for the Vietnam War we might have had to share his special brand of humor with millions and millions of other people.
Instead, we got to have him all to ourselves and he got to have all of you. And I know that made him happier than fame or fortune ever could.
One of the many lessons I learned from Dad was what life was all about. Life is about the people you love and the experiences you share together. So keep on loving and keep experiencing together.

Beautiful
ReplyDeleteA magnificent tribute to your amazing father! Our love and prayers continue for you and George, your mother and Kile. 🤗🙏🏻❤️
ReplyDeleteYes. He was the entire entertainment package!!!😍
ReplyDelete