Tuesday, August 12, 2025

Our 25th

Tuesday, August 12, 2025 should have been our 25th wedding anniversary. We were going to fly to Seattle, leave George with my parents and have a true getaway, just the two of us, in Hawaii. We were going to hike, see active volcanoes, swim in the ocean, eat local foods, explore a tropical paradise but most importantly just be us. This anniversary is as far as our future planning stretched, which makes this is a double milestone I guess…


Instead, you will have been gone for 1,360 days. Grief is no longer the incapacitating, gut wrenching weight like it used to be but I am so tired of it’s weight and I miss you. I miss us.


Instead, George, Mom and I are in in Vermont, which is our George’s 32nd US state, and Québec (a new province for me). It is a fun little end of summer break adventure in the east coast “mountains”. 


Instead, I will continue to navigate life without you, making plans that don’t include you. George will enter the fourth grade next week without you to walk him to school. And together we will continue to hold on to all the little things about you that made life special. 


♾️


No comments:

Post a Comment